Bon Secours offers seasonal flu shots at four locations in south Hampton Roads, Saturday, October 3.
- 8am-noon: Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View, Suffolk
- 1pm-5pm: Maryview Medical Center, Portsmouth
- 8am-noon: DePaul Medical Center, Norfolk
- 1pm-5pm: Bon Secours Health Center at Virginia Beach
Be prepared for an H1N1 (or Swine flu) vaccination by getting your seasonal flu shot. It’s recommended by the Center for Disease Control that you have the seasonal flu shot in addition to H1N1 protection. The vaccine is available in infant doses and pediatric doses, but supplies are limited. Vaccinations are offered on a first come, first served basis, with no guarantee of availability.
- Flu shots are $20 per person.
- Check or cash is accepted.
- Wear short sleeves or a loose fitting top. Shots are given in the upper arm.
- You can’t get the flu from these flu shots, because the vaccine isn’t made from active influenza strains.
- Medicare users can be re-imbursed for the flu shot.
Finally, grab a flu shot registration form for each person in your car who will get a flu shot. Complete and bring to the drive thru, and you’ll sail right through.