At Bon Secours In Motion our trainers are committed to fighting arthritis – and kicks off 2010 with a new Arthritis Rehabilitation program.
January 5, 2010, through Bon Secours In Motion Physical Therapy, we begin the New Year with a new Arthritis Foundation exercise program designed to ease the pain of arthritis, increase joint flexibility and range of motion.
The eight-week program will be presented at In Motion Physical Therapy at Yorktown Victory YMCA.
In Motion’s qualified instructors have been specially trained by the Arthritis Foundation to lead participants in gentle exercises geared to each individual’s fitness levels.
- Class size is limited to 15 – register early
- Physician’s clearance is needed to participate
- Two classes each week (1-2pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays) for eight weeks (16 sessions)
- Cost: $5/class ($80 for 16 session, eight-week program)
Contact In Motion at Victory Y (952-1900) for registration and class information.
- Millions of Americans live with arthritis.
- Physicians have identified almost one hundred specific arthritis conditions – though most references to the disease are either to osteoarthritis, or to rheumatoid arthritis, or to juvenile arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis is caused by the breaking down of joint tissue where bones meet.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is caused by inflammation of the connective tissues of the joints.
- New research suggests there are links between heart disease and arthritis.
Are you concerned you may be suffering from arthritis? Talk to your Bon Secours family medicine doctor.