Family Focus is pleased to offer “Surviving Your Adolescents,” a video and discussion program for parents of teenagers. Living with a teenager can be challenging. There are times when you must bite your tongue as they push toward independence. Or, if you sense there is trouble, there are times when you must take charge. In “Surviving Your Adolescents,” parents are given step-by-step approaches that will help end the hassles and offer concrete solutions.
In “Surviving Your Adolescents,” you will learn:
- What is normal adolescent behavior
- How to manage teenage risk-taking
- Exactly what problems require your “letting go”
- The Four Cardinal Sins (what not to do)
- The relationship between parent/teen communication and safety
- The five ways to improve your relationship
- What role to take: Observer, Advisor, Negotiator, Director
- How to respond to emotional blackmail
- From fashion to passion: guidelines to specific problems
“Surviving Your Adolescents” is a program developed by the author of 123 Magic, Dr. Thomas W. Phelan.
When: Thursdays, February 2 to March 1, 2012, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, Health Resource Center
2 Bernardine Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
To register or for more information, call (757) 886-6511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.