Nurturing is the foundation of strong and healthy parent-child relationships. This program gives parents and caregivers the skills, knowledge and desire to enhance the quality of their family life. The program is for parents/caregivers of children ages birth to five years old.
This program will address the following topics:
- Ages and stages of child development
- Setting boundaries and creating family rules
- Increasing self-esteem for both children and parents
- Behavior management techniques (redirection, punishment, ignoring, communication, praise, etc.)
- Developing nurturing routines
- How to handle ones own stress and anger
- Problem solving and decision making
When: Thursdays, January 12 to February 16, 2012, from 6-8 pm
Where: Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital Health Resource Center
2 Bernardine Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
To register or for more information, call (757) 886-6511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org!