- 20 percent of child sexual abuse victims are under the age of 8.
- More than 90 percent of abusers are people children know, love and trust.
- Only 1 of 10 children who are abused will tell someone. Most never tell…
Join Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Family Focus for “Stewards of Children: Darkness To Light Sexual Abuse Prevention Training.” The Stewards of Children program offers professional training to enhance the community’s awareness of the need to end the tragic cycle of child sexual abuse. It is the only program available nationwide that has proven strategies for increasing knowledge, improving attitudes and changing child protective behaviors.
The training is geared toward any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. Topics include:
- Facts about child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and respond appropriately
When: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, from 9 a.m. to noon
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital Health Resource Center
2 Bernardine Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
To register or for more information, call (757) 886-6511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.