- Control dust mites by using encasements on all pillows, mattresses and box springs. Wash bedding weekly in hot water.
- Vacuum at least once a week.
- Use a HEPA filter.
- Keep pets out of the bedroom. Use slip covers that can be frequently washed.
- Keep windows and doors closed to keep pollen and mold from coming into the house. Use the air conditioner to recirculate your home’s air.
- Avoid mold by limiting house plants, fixing any leaks in the home and removing moldy firewood and piles of leaves from the yard.
- Control cockroaches by never leaving food or garbage uncovered.
Source: Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
+ Learn about Flu Prevention
+ Find a Family Practice Physician