Being a parent is something you wouldn’t change for the world — but doing it alone can sometimes drive you to the brink of exhaustion!
Are you a single parent interested in participating in a group addressing such issues as time management, raising healthy children and taking care of yourself, as well as offering an opportunity to know other single parents?
Join the Bon Secours Family Focus Single Parents Support Group.
Our program can provide emotional support and a sense of belonging — the perfect antidote to the isolation brought on by solo parenting. It also provides a forum where single parents can interact and offer support to each other. You may be a new single parent or a seasoned single parent. Our goal is to contribute to the growth of strong families by providing information, support and opportunities that are family-oriented. The Single Parent Support Group, facilitated by a single parent, is designed for single parents and their children.
Join us for parenting support as well as parent-child interactive play, songs, stories and snacks.
The Single Parents Support Group is designed to help you:
- Learn how to co-parent in a healthy and productive manner to foster great relationships for your child.
- Learn new and healthy ways to relieve and manage stress that comes with being a single parent.
- Learn ways to take care of yourself to avoid burnout.
- Build relationships with other single parents that will offer shared resources and experiences to create like-minded bonds.
- Learn how to navigate the system that comes along with filing for child support, custody and visitation.
- Learn how to build a new image of a family.
Second and Fourth Thursdays of each month, from 6 to 8 p.m.
First Baptist Church Newport News
Educational Entrance — 12716 Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23606
FREE and open to the community
To register, or for more information, call 757-886-6511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.